GOVERNANCE & MANAGEMENT
Governance Board: MPA Senior Management Team are forging closer links to the Dancer’s Development Fund charity, which owns the lease to 29 Thomas Street in which Millennium rents its space. The established Board of Trustees of the DDF are wholly informed of and give advice pertaining to the strategic plans for Millennium and the CEO for the DDF is Ikky Maas, one of the founding members of Millennium and also part of the management team at Millennium. Particular responsibility for the long-term direction of MPA, including its objectives and purpose and providing clear governance directives to the management team of Millennium, involving planning for the future, guarding the organisation’s values and reputation, will lie with these boards going into the future. It is acknowledged that good governance plays an essential part in securing the future of Millennium. The Board of Trustees for the DDF bring passion and commitment as well as skills and experience in advising both organisations.
DDF board members
- Gil Cohen Alloro (chair)
- Michelle Hodgson
- Alison Beckett
- Donald McLennan
- CEO – Ikky Maas PostGrad Dip, PTLLS.
- Management Advisor – Donald McLennan Dip RBS TTC
- Director of Teaching and Welfare: Sarah Hanson RBS Dip, RBS TTC, ARAD, AISTD (Ceccheti & National) Benesh Teach. Cert. – Responsible for timetables, student records, student liaison and Staff Management/ Appraisal. Sarah operates as Executive Administrator for MPA and is part of the Injury Liaison team.
- Director of Resources: Cédric Chapelin B.Ost – Responsible for reception and student enquiries. Cédric operates as Building Manager for MPA, is the on-site Osteopath and is part of the Injury Liaison team.
- Director of Learnning and Quality Enhancement: Karen Chetwynd MA, BA Hons. Cert T&L, Assessor, IQA – Responsible for all strategic matters in Academic Affairs, external validation and accreditation liaison and management of Quality Enhancement.
Academic & Artistic Staff
- Head of Dance: Ikky Maas PTLLS, PostGrad Dip
- Head of Musical Theatre: Donald McLennan Dip RBS TTC
- Advisor to Singing department and main tutor: Jolyon Bunker
- Head of Acting: Nigel West
- Head of Jazz Dance, Performance and Outreach; Head of Year 2: Zak Nemorin BA (Hons.)
- Head of Contemporary Dance & Student Finance officer; Head of Year 3: Milla Kauhanen MIfL, Cert in Education in Performing Arts
- Student Support Officer & Student Counsellor: Fuschia Peters BA Hons; BSc Psychology; BACP Member; Dip. Counselling
- Auditions and Registry: Karen Chetwynd
- Marketing & Outreach: Mike Carpenter
- PATRON: Sir Derek Jacobi, CBE
- Professor Mary King – Singing
- Stephen Mear- Musical Theatre
- Darshan Singh Bhuller – Contemporary Dance